• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dirt slow

SoulTerror

Android Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2010
North Carolina
So I was having some problems with some apps on my phone while it was rooted with RadioActive 1.8.7 so I decided to flash the newest update from Sprint and holy crap do I want to just smash this phone now!

It is so damn slow, when I exit out of an app such as email or Facebook my screen goes to the home screen, but no icons and it takes a while for them to appear. Usually the screen times out before the icons load. I so want to upgrade but stuck with this POS till April >_<

Radioactive worked fine for me for the most part, but then I started getting the issues with my unlock button not appearing. I kinda want to stick with stock so next time it screws up I can take it to Sprint and see what they can do for me. I just don't know how long I can deal with this. Just had someone call me and phone was being so slow that I couldn't see who was even calling.

Upvote 0
Sorry, when I say I go back to stock and load my backups I meant I flashed stock with root and then reflashed the backup I made when I flashed ti-x 1.3. When I flash a new rom I make a backup as soon as I get everything installed and it's running right so I can return to that if I need to. I'm currently running ti-x 1.3 with jit and ext2 file system. I don't know if I could actually run the stock moment rom again.

When I get my upgrade and this phone goes to my son I'll probably take off the ext2 though. I've tried ext2 and ext3 and both started getting bogged down after a few weeks (about 2 months for ext3 though) and I had to reflash. I don't think ext is quite ready for prime time. It makes a huge difference though so its worth it even if you have to reflash often.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones