Dirty camera lens

Last Updated:

1. emac

emac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think my camera lens has scratched, but it seems to have gotten dirty in the two days I have had it, and it's affected the picture quality. I suppose that's one of the problems of not having it inverted, but it's not a big deal. I'm just wondering what the best way to clean it is without scratching it? What can I use on it?

(By the way, yes, I realize it's just a piece of glass and not actually the camera lens, but I still want to know the best way to clean it without scratching it.)

Advertisement
  2. Norwester

Norwester Well-Known Member

I have a Rocket Blaster for my DSLR lenses. The phone lens is more likely to get dirty as opposed to dusty though so after blowing it off I'd use a micro fiber cloth and ROR. I use it on my screens too. Its amazing how clean they look with all finger oils removed. Think I paid $6 for 2 ozs at the local camera store and it lasts a long time. If you use canned air be carefull not to get the propellants on the phone or lens.
    ROR
    Amazon.com: Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large (Black):

3. dvrcowboy

dvrcowboy Active Member

I've had the same problem as well. My fix is a 50/50 alcohol/water mix and a lens cloth. so far this has been great for removing all the oils and dust from the lens