Dirty Flashing

1. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

I know its not kosher, but how many folks dirty flash? With the nightly ROMs I know its sometimes okay to do. I really want to update on the jellybro but they update so much I don't want to full wipe each time.

Advertisement
    :
  2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

When flashing nightlies it's totally okay to dirty flash, it's just not recommended when coming from a different ROM. Just so you know I've dirty flashed every single JellyBro nightly since I started running it. No issues here.
    AARONONE likes this.
  3. AARONONE

What about dirty flashing after like a week of nightlies. Too much a difference?

Oh, what about the kernel, re-flash that too right?
  4. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

1. Doesn't matter, you should be good.

2. Yes. When you flash the newer nightly, your custom kernel gets replaced with the kernel that comes with the ROM. So when flashing a new nightly, I do it in this order ROM/Gaaps/Kernel boot.
    9to5cynic and AARONONE like this.
  5. AARONONE

Did that exact order last night. Everything worked fine and I skipped like 7 nightlies. Of course I backed up before trying.
    frenchy714 likes this.
  6. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

i like dirty flashing.....lol..its so dirty..lol...and fun.works fine on nites...but i always start clean on all others to get a good install.just my 2 cents.