Disable 3G/2G/EDGE (all "paid for" internet), but not WiFi, SMS and callsSupport

1. purity

purity Member

**Solved**

I just bought my Galaxy Lite/Spica yesterday, and I'm loving it! The only thing I want is to disable all internet connections that are not made through Wi-Fi, without disabling calls and sms.

Is there a way to do this, or an app that does this for the Galaxy Lite/Spica?

**Solved**

Advertisement
  2. purity

purity Member

Seems like the app "Quick Settings" has this feature. That was an easy fix :D
  3. sasaboss

sasaboss Member

Well simply having checked ''disable background data'' in the settings should solve this but i found that its not always the case as some apps like weather kept using edge to update in the background even after i checked the apps own setting to only use wifi for updates. so go figure. although the data traffic cost for this is miniscule i still find it annoying that you cant have full control over what your phone and programs do. i will try this 'quick settings' app you mentioned.
  4. noworry

noworry Active Member

"Quick Settings" all the way :)
  5. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

APNDroid gives you a one-touch widget that you can use to turn data on and off
  6. Zargon

Zargon Well-Known Member

Have you got the widget to work though? I use APNdroid via shortcut, and that's fine, but the widget doesn't seem to run at all...
  7. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Widget works fine for me. When you say you can't run it, do you mean when you add it to a home screen it doesn't appear, or it does appear, but doesn't react to being pressed? One thing I have found with the widget is that it's a bit fickle to press. The size of the 'touchable' area is actually a bit smaller than a shortcut, and the widget itself doesn't immediately react, there's a bit of lag before it changes colour
  8. Speedee

Speedee New Member

I'm using widget called Toggle Data for that. It's an icon/switch on your home screen. Very easy to use, you can see right away, is data conn. up or not and tap it to turn it on or off. :cool:
  9. fred-hal

fred-hal Member

I've tried a lot of these apps (quick settings, quick switches, netdroid, apndroid etc), but after I updated to 2.1, none of them seem to work 100%. They seem to switch off ok, but sometimes it requires a phone restart to get 3G back.. Anyone on 2.1 that has one that works perfectly?
  10. Spaz888

Spaz888 Active Member

Ok. I get me these apps: Quick Settings and Quick Settings...are they free?
  11. fayjohn123

fayjohn123 Member

Dial *#*#4636#*#* call~
    Phone information>>Select WCMDA only (gsm default)>>Press Menu button>>>More>>Disable data connects >>>Disable Data on boot

Enjoy data less smart phone service now for those who wish use it without a plan
  12. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Why "WCDMA only"? That forces the phone to use 3G, which seems pointless if you are disabling data and will in many cases result in weaker in-building coverage and faster battery drain.