Disable 3G?Support

Last Updated:

1. chris.h

chris.h Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know how to disable 3G? It looks like the apps in the marketplace only work if you have an option to only use 3G in settings > wireless & network.

My office is in an area where my connection constantly flips between 3G and 1x and it kills my battery.

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

what phone do you have?

3. chris.h

chris.h Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Motorola Droid

(isn't this thread in the "support and troubleshooting" sub-forum for the droid?)

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

oh snap, it is, my bad....

idk if there is a option for that or not, thought you may have an eris, 3G being flaky should be fixed on the december update for that phone...

5. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

I'm going to bump this thread because I have the same problem....is there a way to make my motorola droid stay on 1xRTT? My school is like a lead bunker and 3G switches on and off.

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Something tells me this might be something we'll need a root for. Messing with the radio signal itself doesn't sound like something Google would let just any user account do.

But I want this too. My house is a dead zone and I'm sick of the phone constantly swapping from 3G to 1x. I'd rather just stay in 1x.

7. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Ugh, I must have closed a reply before replying.

All the cool iphone jailbroken kids are doing it, and I just caught one! They flip to edge, don't use any sort of real data, and just txt their friends and never use voice.

Yes, if you have 1x and didn't use voice or data, except for txting, and dimmed your screen, you could get days and days and days, oh and some days of life out of your droid :) :)

I'll bet there are iphone spies here posing as droid users, too! Time to crack down on that, or at least crack down on non-droid owners posting here.

It should be a question we ask in addition to troubleshooting..... "do you actually own a droid?". :)

8. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

Well 3G on CDMA devices shouldn't kill the battery like 3g UMTS does but yeah like I said it would be nice