• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable auto-brightness?

Is there any way of turning off the automatic brightness adjustments?

I'm finding it incredibly annoying, as it keeps making tiny adjustments that only serve to make it seem like I've got a knackered display, and I'd rather live without it.
On my mini there is no auto brightness control, but i think it was the first time i turned it on but have updated my phone and now when i go to display setting i have a slider to set the display brightness

Upvote 0
Hi all,

My brightness doesn't re-adjust all day, but it goes to 0 during the night, which is pretty frustrating since I use it as my clock and also need to turn off my alarm in the morning but am faced with a black screen.

I assume this is a function of the auto brightness but I don't have an option to turn auto brightness on or off (running Android 2.1 with update 1 on Rogers HTC Magic). When I go into display settings, I do have the slider bar to adjust brightness manually, but I remember before updating there was a box you could tick to control auto brightness - that is no longer there (and I believe this problem first started after upgrading to android 2 software).

Does anyone have this problem and know why, or does anyone at least know how to turn off the auto brightness on the HTC Magic so I can give that a try?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones