Disable Auto Screen Dim Upon Screen Shut Off

Last Updated:

1. PaulAndroidMan

PaulAndroidMan Member This Topic's Starter

Since root has been attained, I have a feeling this app would be possible: An app that disabled the screen dim right before the screen times out.

My guess is (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that the voltage outgoing to the screen changes, and therefore dims the screen. If an app could be developed that maintains this voltage, the screen could be at a constant voltage, and not dim, ever.

Has anyone heard of an app like this, and, if not, is there anyone interested in developing this? I am sure a lot of people (like myself) would be willing to donate for a program like this.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. PaulAndroidMan

PaulAndroidMan Member This Topic's Starter

Update: I tested two Incredibles, one with 2.2 and one with 2.1. When pressing the power button on the 2.1, the screen IMMEDIATELY shuts off. When pressing the power button on the 2.2, the screen dims, and then turns off.

This would confirm my theory of OS control. Does anyone know if an app could disable this dim (or, less specifically, keeping the brightness the same at all times the screen is on)?

Thanks!

3. Paco_Picopiedra

Paco_Picopiedra New Member

@ PaulAndroidMan: any progress yet? I would very much like an app like this!

4. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

I'm running Frankenrom b2, and when I hit power on my Inc, it just shuts off, it doesn't dim first..