Disable auto-update of contact picture from Facebook?

Last Updated:

1. lebear

lebear New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have synched a lot of my contacts with their Facebook accounts, but for a couple of them I have chosen custom pictures to appear in the phonebook. Whenever I connect to the Internet, the custom pics gets replaced by their current Facebook profile pictures.

Is there any way to disable this without completely removing the Facebook synch?

Advertisement
  2. Jace

Jace Member

If you go to contact, press the menu button and then edit. Touch the contacts picture in top left corner and you should get option to select what photo you want. This seems to then stay after updating with facebook for me, I think.

3. lebear

This is the way I did it, choosing a picture stored on the phone. But for me, it does NOT stay there. If I'm offline, choose the pic, all is good, but when I go online and it synchs with Facebook, picture changes.

4. Jace

Jace Member

Best I can suggest then, is to un-sync and re-sync with facebook the contacts you want to change, unticking the photo option box when you do.

Sorry, best I can think of. :(

5. lebear

Hm, I'll try again but I don't even think there's a photo box that can be unticked.

6. Mojo Fones

Mojo Fones Active Member

I'm having the same problem and I think it might be a bug. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next update.

7. Jace

Jace Member

When you link a contact with a Facebook profile, you get the options to "use photo" and to "use birthday". At least, that's how it works on mine. :)

8. tragicheart

tragicheart Active Member

I think its a bug too, some of my contacts work when I click not to use their facebook picture but the others dont

9. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

yes, the problem is that it doesn't work: I've used this tickbox, and my custom pics still get overwritten with the FB ones.