Disable automatic app updates?Support

Last Updated:

1. VAS2

VAS2 Member

I've just moved from the S2 to the S4 and I see no way to stop apps from automatically updating. On the S2 I was always given a choice. I let the bloatware stew and only updated the apps I use. Is there any way to turn off the automatic updates?

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Open the Play Store app and swipe the screen left to right. This will bring up a menu where you see Settings. Tap on Auto-update apps and change to Do not auto-update apps. That should do it.
  3. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes, but you can't swipe just anywhere; you have to be on the action bar logo at the top of the screen (tapping on it will do the same thing).
  4. VAS2

VAS2 Member

Thank you both. I really appreciate being able to find quick and super solutions. Here's hoping that one day I can return the favor.
  5. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

You can swipe anywhere from the extreme left of the screen below the "Play Store" title to get the settings menu to appear.
  6. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Good point, but I (like I suspect many others) cannot easily access the extreme left of the screen because of the phone case wrap-around. The action bar logo is a much bigger target.