Disable automatic music player when plugin earbuds...Support

Last Updated:

1. mr_manny

mr_manny Member This Topic's Starter

Wondering if there is a way to disable the automatic music player every time I insert my ear-buds.

I usually start google listen, but It seems If I don't...the music player starts up.
    This also occurred when I tried to watch a video.

I would prefer to start the music player manually, if I want to listen to music.

thanks,
    manny

Advertisement
  2. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

you're saying that when you plug in earphones into the jack, it automatically opens the default music player and begins to play?

That is certainly not the standard default behavior. Do you possibly have an app that is set to start music when it detects headphones?

3. mr_manny

that is correct.
    Unlock my phone, and insert my ear-buds...default music player starts up and begins playing mp3s stored on SD card, automatically.

ear-buds are sennheiser cx300s

4. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

Wow, I sort of want to know how you got this to happen. I would like that.

5. brad03

brad03 Member

As others have stated, there has to be an application you've downloaded that's causing this.

For the past two months I've used my phone daily to listen to music at work through my headphones.

6. bigmahlman

bigmahlman Member

Hey, my droid did that then the headphone jack started acting really funny. Had to replace it. I think you got a bad headphone jack.

7. mr_manny

thanks for the info...looks like I'll give verizon a call.

8. PowerTools

PowerTools Member

Mine, too, just started exhibiting this behavior this weekend. It launches TuneWiki every time I insert headphones. I can't multitask well enough to listen to an audio book and Pandora at the same time. I suspect a problem with the jack, but wouldn't rule out a software update since others are seeing similar behavior.

Does anyone know how to transfer paid apps to a replacement phone? <edit> Nevermind, Google searched. Should still be in Download section of Marketplace.

9. gmats

gmats Member

Wow, I've been trying to find a way to make this happen. It used to do it and it's since stopped. Anyone know how to make it happen again?

10. getsome831

getsome831 New Member

Try this app, it's working well for me so far, at least with a 3.5mm plugin, not sure about bluetooth, no chance to test yet.

It's called Headset Blocker by Roadkill, make sure you toggle the widget on for it to work. I'd link to it but these forum admins don't let new users apparently. Good luck.

11. beboyle

beboyle Active Member

You're answering a question he asked almost a year and a half ago. I'd have to be that he either found an answer or has quit looking for one by now.