• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable Beats for Good?

consultant

Aug 13, 2012
This is for One X+ but shouldn't matter. More people here.

For few hours on Android 4.1 coming from iOS Jailbreak world. I'm an Audiophile. Equalization is specific to listening environment. Beats isn't aware of the listening environment or the sound shape of the amp/receiver and speakers. In a nut shell it makes something good sound terrible. Maybe a low bitrate MP3 Hip-Hop song on a cheap pair of headphones a 20-yo is wearing, it sounds FRESH.

Just tell me how to make it go away and NEVER come back.

Thanks!

I can disable beats from the drop-down drawer or whatever it is called. Or, as El Presidente said, you can disable it from the Settings app.

I usually connect either my Beats Wireless or car's BT to the One X in order to listen to music, and I have noticed that the Beats Audio feature makes the bass so, so heavy and that's not recommended for a lot of types of music, except perhaps hip-hop, R&B, and that kind of music.

Upvote 0
I had Beats turned off in the settings - remember seeing it there. I had my stereo plugged into the headphone jack, I removed the plug then when I plugged it back in, Beats turned on. If this happens everytime, this is going to drive me nuts.

Hopefully it was just something I accidentally triggered or forgot to turn off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones