Disable built-in Voice Dialer?

Last Updated:

1. TomorrowPlusX

TomorrowPlusX New Member

It's possible I'm barking up the wrong tree, in which case, please educate me :)

The trouble is I have a great set of iPhone earphones, with the microphone and play/pause clicker. When plugged into my HTC incredible ( running stock sense & 2.1 ) I get the headset icon at the top -- clearly android recognizes it as a headset.

The trouble is simple: I listen to Google Listen at work, and would like the play/pause headset button to toggle play/pause Google Listen. However, when I press that button, Voice Dialer starts. Google Listen promptly barfs and skips forward a couple podcasts. I'm guessing this is because it's received a pause command from the headset and a followup pause command from Voice Dialer which is fired up because of the headset click.

How do I make Voice Dialer either go away or ignore headset clicks?

If it takes installing a 3rd party voice dialer app which has configurable options to disable headset click tracking, I'm happy to do so. But I don't want to waste money on such an app unless I can be confident that said functionality can be disabled through that app.

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. dustinsherrill

dustinsherrill New Member

I just got an HTC Evo 3D. I am having the same exact issue a year later. Did you find a solution. It is not encouraging that this was posted a year ago and still no replies.