Disable Camera shutter sound?Support

Last Updated:

1. TheChase

TheChase Member

First of all, you should probably know:
    - It is rooted
    - I renamed the camera click .ogg sound files using ROM toolbox pro, but the camera app still makes the shutter sound

Is there any way to disable the camera shutter sound? I've been scouring the internet for solutions and thought rooting my phone would do the trick, but now I can't seem to be able to even accomplish this task with root. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks in advance guys:):):):):):):)

Advertisement
  2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Go into the camera's settings and scroll the menu until you see shutter sound. Select 'off'. No root required. ;)
  3. Yukifranc

Yukifranc Member

Hi, I can't seem to locate this function when I go into the camera's settings. :(
  4. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Odd, my Note 5.3 running ICS has it. Unless the carrier removed that option...
    [​IMG]
  5. Yukifranc

Yukifranc Member

Hi NeoGrandizer

Thanks for the advice. However, I still can't seem to locate that function in my Camera's settings.

Other Note 2 users, please help!! Thanks.
  6. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that some carriers make the camera always perform the shutter sound. I wonder if it has to do with personal privacy where you can't easily sneak a picture of someone. Silly though. My lumix camera can turn off the shutter sound. I don't get it.
  7. Yukifranc

Yukifranc Member

It works if the phone itself is in silent mode.

Any other note 2 users managed to proceed to switch off the shuuter sound without switching phone to silent mide?
  8. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

Might want to try one of the Note 2 forums... On the Original Note it works as described, above.
  9. TheChase

TheChase Member

I feel like an idiot, it was so simple. At first glance, the Camera menu didn't seem scrollable, but scrolling down was the solution. Thanks!
  10. randyckay

randyckay New Member

Option doesn't exist on Note 2. Anybody found a solution? apart from rooting, that is. Thanks.
  11. Androidtizen

Androidtizen Member

Note 2 LTE doesn't have this option as well. Any ideas.
  12. kontogsl

kontogsl Member

Yeah. Check the right forum. This is note 1.