• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable Camera shutter sound?

TheChase

Lurker
Nov 6, 2012
First of all, you should probably know:
- It is rooted
- I renamed the camera click .ogg sound files using ROM toolbox pro, but the camera app still makes the shutter sound

Is there any way to disable the camera shutter sound? I've been scouring the internet for solutions and thought rooting my phone would do the trick, but now I can't seem to be able to even accomplish this task with root. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks in advance guys:):):):):):):)

Hi, I can't seem to locate this function when I go into the camera's settings. :(

Odd, my Note 5.3 running ICS has it. Unless the carrier removed that option...
2012-11-17223402.png

Upvote 0
I read somewhere that some carriers make the camera always perform the shutter sound. I wonder if it has to do with personal privacy where you can't easily sneak a picture of someone. Silly though. My lumix camera can turn off the shutter sound. I don't get it.

It works if the phone itself is in silent mode.

Any other note 2 users managed to proceed to switch off the shuuter sound without switching phone to silent mide?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones