Disable CDMA RadioSupport

Last Updated:

1. zgroten

zgroten New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently purchased a Sprint HTC Hero, updated to 1.56 and it still has horrendous battery life. I charged it to 100%, unplugged it, didn't touch it once and 4 hours later the battery was almost dead. After troubleshooting I think that the ZERO cellular reception I get in my home is the culprit. I believe that the phone is constantly searching for service and causing a battery drain. The HTC Sense widget only turns off the Cellular DATA, but not the actually radio. I would like to be able to leave WiFi on (i use Google Voice SMS at home) and disable the CDMA Radio alltogether.. is there a way?

Thanks - Zak

Advertisement
  2. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

zgroten likes this.
  3. zgroten

zgroten New Member This Topic's Starter

Wow... this is EXACTLY what I need. Thank you!

4. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

No problemo. I use this when in certain buildings where cell service is shoddy, but there is WiFi.

Feel free to hit the "THANKS" button if you wish ;-)

zgroten likes this.
  5. Dewd

Dewd New Member

When I had a BB I was able to force Wifi mobile calling (UMA) over mobile network. With the droid I can't force it (to use GAN, similar to UMA) and it will use the mobile network if even just a bar shows up making it somewhat unreliable at times.

I tried using this app which does the trick to keep Wifi on, unlike the default Airplane mode on the "MyTouch". However the Wifi Mobile calling option is unavailable when this app is switched to airplane mode with WiFi on.

Anything else out there I can try to force Wifi GAN when tower signal is week?