Disable default email app?

1. sdmania

sdmania Member

Just got a captivate yesterday and coming from an Incredible so far there are some things I really like about this phone and a couple not so much. One thing I can't figure out is how to disable the default email viewer? I am getting 2 notifications every time a email comes in. I get one in my gmail launcher and another in the notification bar. The one in the notification bar takes me to the email viewer that is blue and black and is the one I want to turn off. Anyone have any ideas.

Advertisement
  2. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

You must have an account set up in the stock email program. Open the email app and remove the account. You can also root the phone, install Titanium Backup and remove or freeze the app.
  3. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

If i remember correctly you can goto manage applications and unclick defalut for email app , I am not sure if that what you wanted ?
  4. onepoint

onepoint Member

^^^ This.

I ran into the same issue initially. Once I removed my account information from the stock email program I was able to use the Gmail application as my sole email interface.
  5. kmeyers02

kmeyers02 Active Member

I had this same problem when I first got mine. Wasn't reading the forums yet, so I just decided to reset to defaults, then sign up for only the gmail app. Since this was pretty much the only 2 things I had done to the phone at this point, it was very easy.
  6. Loremonger

Loremonger Well-Known Member

I uninstalled mine. Somewhat concerned that it might cause other problems with the phone syncing with Google for contacts, calendars, etc., but it works fine if you completely remove the stock email.