• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

disable email vibrate notification on call

zeim

Lurker
Sep 4, 2012
Hi all

I upgraded my S3 to Android 4.0.4 yesterday on Rogers in Canada and it's running even better.

The only issue I noticed is regarding the vibration notification form the native email app. I used to not get notified when I was on a call and an email comes through. Now, it vibrates every time i get an email while on a call. i did find the setting in the email app to remove the vibration notification but it removes it completely even when not on a call.

for Gmail it's working well, only get a silent status bar notification which is what I want.

does anyone experience the same? let me know what I should do

Thanks

this is nonsense im going crazy. I updated my android razor max on verizon now i cant turn off the vibrate function. everytime i receive a text the phone vibrates and my battery life is cut shorter than normal, this never happened i cant even find a disable button. it only allows me to disable it while typing. can anyone help me stop this txt vibration?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones