• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable gmail notifications at night?

Seriously why not just use the power control widget to shut off sync? There is really no need to download anything else since the widget comes stock.

Because bedside comes on automatically when you connect to charge at night, you can control if you get email, texts or phone individually ( I'm on call at night so I use phone only when docked, no texts or email), it works w ICS and it doubles as a bedside clock and alarm. For my uses, all of those things happening simultaneously when I charge at night is easier than toggling a widget AND plugging it in.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

This has been bugging me since moving to ICS also, so I wrote an app to work around it! I just published it today.

Market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brianhislop.icsringervolume

It's still a work in progress, but it's fully functional and gives (I believe) a good solution to this issue!

Cheers,

Slopppy.

Dude, all your posts so far have been the same post. Perhaps it's not a good idea to spam this much as a new member. Also your app needs a LOT of work.

In reply to the OP, perhaps something like this can be a solution?: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/467394-anyone-tried-nfc-task-launcher.html

(Put nfc tag near bed, tap phone against it at night and bam! settings set.)

Upvote 0
Dude, all your posts so far have been the same post. Perhaps it's not a good idea to spam this much as a new member. Also your app needs a LOT of work.

Point taken, I was just searching for threads in regards to this issue (of which there are quite a few) and offered this up as a solution.

In regards to the app, it functions really well (according to feedback the testers have given me). I admit that the UI is VERY basic and I plan to add notifications and more, just getting it out now because it fills a pretty big hole in ICS functionality IMHO.

Thanks for the advice though, and I shall cease the repetitive posting :)

Upvote 0
No worries, it just seems like a hefty price to pay for an app with not much function (even if it fills a big hole), I'm just saying that as a consumer. And nothing wrong with promoting your own app if the issue comes up, just try not to resurrect threads that have not been posted in for a long time (like this one). Thanks for understanding, I'm new to the forum too (as a member anyways) but welcome!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
+1 Tasker and NFC, total customization, touch and done!

I was just reading up about all the cool stuff you can do with NFC the other day, sounded like the future! Alas, my phone doesn't have an NFC chip ... is there any working solution for phones without an NFC chip yet? I remember reading something about them building it into micro SD cards? Not sure how mature that technology is yet though ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones