Disable GPS Light?General

Last Updated:

1. Wolf Howl

Wolf Howl Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to disable the blinking green light that flashes when GPS is enabled? It's more of an annoyance then anything else, just curious if there is a way to turn that off while I leave GPS using programs on.

I guess if not I could always draw a small black dot over the top of it! haha

Advertisement
  2. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Last I checked it blinks when a message is received. I don't get green blink when my gps is on.

3. deno73

deno73 Well-Known Member

No green blinking here for GPS?? like slayer said sure its not your messaging app? Mine blinks for chompsms....

4. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

Your Green light is blinking for some other reason, GPS does not blink the light.

Green light is either a Text Message or GMAIL

5. Wolf Howl

Wolf Howl Active Member This Topic's Starter

I recently downloaded GPS Tracker and started noticing it after that. I suppose it could be from other things and maybe I just started paying attention recently?

Anyway to disable the blinking light regardless? Now it is all I see when the phone is just laying on my desk! haha

6. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

I don't use GPS Tracker, but if you noticed it after you installed it then that might be whats causing it. Check the settings of that application. As far as I know there is no way to disable the little green light.

7. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I find that notification blink annoying as well. Any chance of us being able to disable it when we get 2.1?