1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Disable GS3 home button power?Support

1. mcl1981

mcl1981 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to disable the home button wake? I only want the power button to the turn the screen back on. I constantly hit the home button by accident in my pocket and it's causing the screen to turn on all the time.

Advertisement
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Umm im pretty sure it can be done with widget locker mate.... "home helper" or something :)
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

.....i might be thinkin of Nova launcher....
    ...hard to remember coz i NEVER use power button lol just "flip case control" that uses prox' sensor to turn screen off/on
    I used to use widget locker but now i dont use a locker at all.
    i used WL before though and when JB came out it was really annoying coz home button turned screen on but the community came up with a fix (dev' was useless) and it involved home helper i think.
    ...best i can give bro soz :beer:
  4. mcl1981

I read a bunch of GS3 reviews for Widget Locker. Appears the home button is not bypassed by this setup. Also doesn't appear to allow a PIN lock, which I require.
  5. aldo82

aldo82 Well-Known Member

you can use HomeHelper within widgetlocker to set it up so that pressing home brings up the lock screen rather than opening the device straight to the homescreen. if you use a pin lock then home would open to the widgetlocker lockscreen which you'd need to unlock to get to the pin screen. The security definitely isn't overlooked with widgetlocker.

I have a time delay before security comes on on my phone so I don't have to deal with a pin or pattern if I'm using my phone frequently. With this set up, if the screen goes off widgetlocker lockscreen will activate so if I shove my phone in my pocket any acidental home or lock button presses will go to the widgetlocker lockscreen and won't fully unlock the device. The screen will then just time out. Is this what you're after?
  6. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I also wish there was a setting to stop the home button from turning the screen on. I'm always pressing the button when I pull the phone out of my pocket. It's annoying.
  7. mcl1981

Both of those situations are exactly what I don't want. I do not want the home button to do ANYTHING when the screen is off. It is constantly turning the screen on in my pocket or when I pick it up. I don't want that. And having to unlock the phone twice (WL then pin) is also not acceptable to me.