Support Disable Home & Back Buttons??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrBojenglz, Feb 18, 2010.

1. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    NJ
    Is there any way to disable the 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen? I forget if there's a term for them but the Home, Menu, Back & Search buttons?

It's almost impossible to play some games because I inevitably hit them for a split second and I lose all my progress. Pretty Frustrating.

Advertisement
  2. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Top Secret
    Utah, USA
    I don't think this is possible.

3. Trident

Trident VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I wear many hats
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I don't believe you can do that.

4. condog

condog Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    tis impossible without root.

5. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    If you did that, how would you exit an application? Most apps have you exit by pressing the Back button... Though there are a few that actually do have Exit buttons, it's not too common... :thinking:

6. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    NJ
    I dunno. I was kinda hoping theres a setting I'm not aware of where maybe you can use the end button to exit. Or even better, change the time you need to hold down the menu/back buttons before they activate. The slightest slip of my finger causes me to exit out of programs all the time.

7. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Atlantic City, NJ
    I hate those buttons really. End call button should have been the back/exit button, the trackball send to home, and there should have been a wake/power button at the top like iPhone.

Those 4 buttons on all the Android phones have been the worst idea to phones across the world.

8. paulwintzerfr

paulwintzerfr New Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Software engineering
    France
    Hi,

Well it's completly possible to lock the 4 buttons within an application. Maybe your resquest was to lock them within the entire phone, which I think, is not possible or at least very complex to make.

Anyway, if you want the source-code to know how to lock them within an App, i can send it ;)

Best regards,

Paul.

Pjasi likes this.
  9. Pjasi

Pjasi New Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Hey Paul, if you have the source-code to lock them within an App, i would be interested to have a look :)

Best Regards,
    Pjasi

10. lojkoro

lojkoro New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Hi Paul, could you please show me the sample code for the button disabling? thank you!

11. paulwintzerfr

paulwintzerfr New Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Software engineering
    France
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry being that late to answer, but I'm not really often connected on this website. Anyway, due to a lot of requests concerning this problem, I'll publish the source code on my website, this week.
    http://paul-wintzer.fr
    Best regards,

Paul.