1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Disable "hover" typingSupport

1. Huxxley

Huxxley New Member

Hello,

I just switched from iPhone to Android and I'm having a problem with typing. Sometimes it registers a letter that I did not touch and I have found that I don't actually have to touch the screen for it to acknowledge the keystroke which results in constantly making typos.

I have all air gestures disabled (except for 'quick glance'). There's no options under motion that would govern this feature. Also I don't see any options in the message settings that would do this.

Any help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

Welcome Huxxley. A couple things might help... Look under air view in your settings and if either information preview or speed dial preview is enabled try disabling them and seeing what happens. I don't know that it will work but they are the only things I see that might cause the behavior.
    Huxxley likes this.
  3. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

Forgot, there is a setting for high sensitivity to allow typing with gloves, you would want to make sure that one is unchecked.
  4. Huxxley

Huxxley New Member

I think that did it. I had air view disabled, but the sub-options were enabled so I re-enabled air view, disabled all options and now it seems to be working better. Thanks!