disable keyboard backlighting?General

Last Updated:

1. Morgan_old

Morgan_old New Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got the bronze g1 last night and one noticeably annoying thing is when it is daylight out and the keyboard backlight comes on the keys are like impossible to read. During the day it would be nice if they would stay off.

Any ideas for this setting or apps that can help?

Advertisement
  2. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

Vis versa i would like the option to have the keys be on the whole time the screen is active when in dark conditions.

3. steffann

steffann New Member

I just put a small application in the Android Market that turns the keyboard backlight off. It doesn't even show anything on the screen, so it is easy to use by binding it to a keyboard shortcut with Settings->Applications->Quick launch.

The application is in the Market in Applications->Tools and it's called Dark Keys.

4. six41

six41 Member

thank you thank you thank you

5. steffann

steffann New Member

FYI: I just released Dark Keys 2.0, which includes most of the suggestions I received from users.

6. Francescamice

Francescamice Member

How do you get the keyboard backlight to stay on longer?
    help please
    thanks
    fran:D

7. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

It would be great if future models of the G1 (and other phones with backlit keys) to have a light sensor that adjusted the brightness of the keys based on the surrounding lighting conditions. It would allow you to tweak the sensitivity, set it to always on or always off, set delays and timeouts.

8. ismism

ismism New Member

This seems like a glaring omission on HTC/Android's part. My geek license hasn't expired yet, but still, it's ridiculous that you have to root your G1 to turn off the stupid keyboard backlight. I really wish I hadn't gotten a white model.