• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable Keyboard Shortcuts Keys (Quick Launch)

So am I not the only one that was having the quick launch apps going when typing even though the search button was not touched?....thought maybe i was crazy
My HTC Evo Shift just started doing this, so I had to turn off all the keyboard shortcuts. I think they're supposed to be triggered only when you first touch the Search button, but for me they were activating whenever I pressed an s, g, or b.

Reactions: sutralu
Upvote 0
So am I not the only one that was having the quick launch apps going when typing even though the search button was not touched?....thought maybe i was crazy

You are not alone! Just yesterday my Evo Shift started quick launching every time I touched one of the default keys, so I had to disable them in order to type words containing B's, G's or S's!

Of course, I would like to be able to use the Quick Launch shortcuts properly (that is, after I press the Search button) at some point... anyone know of the cause or the cure for the problem?

Upvote 0
You are not alone! Just yesterday my Evo Shift started quick launching every time I touched one of the default keys, so I had to disable them in order to type words containing B's, G's or S's!

Of course, I would like to be able to use the Quick Launch shortcuts properly (that is, after I press the Search button) at some point... anyone know of the cause or the cure for the problem?

This happened to me today. I found the fix after trial and error.

First i rebooted the phone. No, Dice.

Then I put up with it and started to sub 5 for s and 8 for B and 9 for g's.

After reading this thread and then studying the quick launch feature more I was able to fix the issue by simply double tapping the search button on my phone.

Another double tap on the button turns the quick launch short cuts back on.

Evidently my ear or cheek must of turned on the feature some time today.

There you go no need to completely disable the feature.

Upvote 0
The first answer listed, about Settings>Applications>Quicklaunch... That did nothing to fix the problem. To think something so infuriating could be fixed with something so simple. Thank you so much. I can't seem to reactivate quicklaunch the same way, but I really don't care to reenable them anyway!

After reading this thread and then studying the quick launch feature more I was able to fix the issue by simply double tapping the search button on my phone.

Upvote 0

Just ran into this today with my newly purchased keyboard/case. Thanks! By the way, I would assume this is not fixed in Froyo, because my tablet is ICS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones