Disable passcode lock when on certain Wi-Fi networkSupport

1. daneaston

daneaston Active Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it as a Touchwiz feature (I don't use it) but this can easily be achieved using Tasker, which I highly recommend.
  3. daneaston

daneaston Active Member

Ok, thanks for this info.

I bought Tasker ages ago but simply couldn't work it out. I'll have another go.

Very annoyed at the website though as it appears that they've just made this up.
  4. stevefranks

stevefranks Member

I have this working with tasker, but i could only get it to work with the pattern lock. I could not get it to work with the password or pin lock. I also downloaded secure settings as it was recommeded in a few posts I found while figured out how to get it to work.
  5. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Yup, I think they did.

Tasker is great but it's not the easiest app to use. I have just written a profile to do exactly this and it did take a bit of digging about.

You need to use the Wifi Near context. For tasks you will need an entry task and an exit task. Keyguard Off and Keyguard On would seem to be the obvious ones but they don't work on the S4 (and quite a few other phones) so install the Secure Settings plugin and then your entry task should be Secure Settings - Clear Password/Wait For Unlock and your exit task will be Secure Settings - Set Pin.

It's not obvious but once you are familiar with Tasker, not that hard either.