1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Disable predictive textSupport

1. sword_guy

sword_guy Member

Hello. I'm looking to disable the predictive text on my Terrain. Is there any way I can do that? There's nothing in the settings. Even NEC could't offer any advice. I'm willing to try an app, or some sort of hack if necessary.

Thank you

Advertisement
    :
  2. sword_guy

sword_guy Member

I did some hunting around and discovered that NEC uses adaptxt by default. I disabled adaptxt and the predictive text bar went away. The problem is that adaptxt was the only thing which allowed capital letters and special characters to work properly! I need something that I can replace adaptxt with that will allow full and proper use of my phone's physical keyboard. Does anybody have any ideas?
  3. jungleexplorer

jungleexplorer Well-Known Member

lunatic59 likes this.
  4. sword_guy

sword_guy Member

I've posted this a couple other places, but if adaptxt is disabled, you can get capital letters and alt symbols by holding down the shift or alt buttons (much like a regular computer keyboard). In this case, you are limited to what the keyboard has programmed into it (in other words, you can't get <,>,^, etc). If I *really* need any of those, I just google them and then copy the character and paste it... I haven't had any issues doing this (except that writing capitals and symbols requires two hands). Also, for capital A, hold shift with the thumb and roll onto the A button (while still holding shift).