Disable screen durning a callGeneral

Last Updated:

1. NeedaClue

NeedaClue Member This Topic's Starter

How do you disable the touch screen while on a call so your face does not hit other applications?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Uh..you don't... it has a proximity sensor on it that does it by itself.
    When you put the phone up to your cheek, it cuts the screen off..when you take it away from your cheek, the screen cuts back on.

3. Mortgage_It

Mortgage_It Well-Known Member

what about for listening to Verizon Visual Voice Mails? The screen does not go blank and my ear hits other messages in the list and plays them and or selects them which breaks everything down.

4. Ataranine

If the screen were to cut off, wouldn't that make the visual part of visual voice mail redundant? xD
    I get what you're saying though, I'm sure there isn't a way to cut it off, but you could just try holding the phone far enough away from the phone so as not to touch it, but close enough to hear the voice mail. :)

5. Mortgage_It

Mortgage_It Well-Known Member

the problem is that the volume on the voice mail in the ear piece to way too low to hear on visual voice mail on verizon

6. Ataranine

Use headphones? :confused:

7. sabakawasaki

sabakawasaki Active Member

I've been wondering the same thing. I use a bluetooth headset often and would like the screen to turn off so I can set the phone down and not worry about some buttons being pushed. Right now I just let it sit and wait for the screen to time out. It would be nice if there was a button like on the Iphone or something. Any ideas?

8. bellewitch

bellewitch New Member

Yes I noticed that last night that I have the same problem on bluetooth. I was going to play with it today to see if I could hit the end/power button on a call to shut the screen off. Other than that any one have any it ideas?