Disable screen lock when chargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. ArXane

ArXane Well-Known Member

How do I disable the screen lock while charging?

2. silverhack

silverhack Active Member

In the Market there's an app called 'Power Manager' that allows you to set different power profiles based on whether the phone is plugged in, on batter, low battery etc. You can have it turn on/off WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc. and I'm pretty sure you can disable the screen lock when plugged in.

Otherwise, you can just manually go into
    Settings, Sound & Display, Screen Timeout
    each time you plug in and unplug the phone.
  3. ArXane

ArXane Well-Known Member

That will work. Thanks.
  4. murky024

murky024 Member

I tried the powermanager free version and it forced my phone to go to 2g when there is 3g available. I didn't really appreciate this so I uninstalled the app and now it won't go back to 3g...

Nevermind it just seems that it turns 3g off when WiFi is on... I am pretty sure I don't like that at all.
  5. OctoMom

OctoMom Well-Known Member

Well what I do is put a little magnet on the back of the unit so it goes into media dock mode.
  6. DaveInNYC

DaveInNYC Well-Known Member

Go to Settings-->Applications-->Development-->Stay Awake. This will make it stay awake forever while it is charging.
    Unicorn512, iPhone2Droid and aryfi like this.
  7. scorrpio

scorrpio Well-Known Member

I found this free widget on app market: Screen Off Stay Awake. Put it on my main home screen, it toggles between 3 modes: Normal (phone locks when screen time-outs), StayAwake - phone does not lock when screen turns off - and Screen Stay which keeps the screen on. Very convenient.
    Unicorn512 likes this.
  8. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

Why would you want 3G on when WiFi is on? At that point, you only need cell service to handle voice, not data, so 2G should be just fine, right? Or no?
  9. ArXane

ArXane Well-Known Member

Perhaps there is a way with Locale? I see I can set it up where it never has the screen go to sleep, but is there a way to shut the screen off but not lock?
  10. aryfi

aryfi New Member

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the post.
  11. noxad

noxad Member

Exactly what I was looking for too. Thanks DaveInNYC.
  12. Tonitz

Tonitz Active Member

Does anyone have any idea how much having the screen stay awake will affect battery charging time?
  13. craproid

craproid New Member

thanks dave ! best suggestion ever.