Disable Sense UI WorkaroundGeneral

Last Updated:

1. thess1

thess1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 5, 2010
    I am currently running helix launcher 2 and have found a way to keep sense ui from running in the background, I thought I would share with everyone.

Step 1. Go to the market and download and Install "Advanced Task Killer", Also Download Helix Launcher 1 or 2 if you haven't already.

Step 2. Open Advanced Task Killer, and hit the "menu" button on your phone, you will see a choice for setting.

Step 3. Go to auto kill Level and choose whatever level you would like. (I choose crazy, Sense UI will try to restart itself in the background so I wanted to make sure if it restarts that task killer catches it immediately).
    For Auto Kill Frequency choose what you feel is necessary I have selected "every half hour"
    (I'm trying to find a pattern for sense restarting itself, Ill update if/when I do)

Step 4. Go to Security level and choose "low" (this will allow you to see the processes behind sense ui)

Step 5. Disable
    "com.htc.launcher" (HTC Sense)

I also disabled the following, but you don't have to.
    com.htc.vvm (Visual Voicemail)
    com.htc.opensense.pluginmanager (Open Sense Plugin Manager)
    com.htc.htcMessageUploader (HTC Message Uploader)

Also you can hide services that don't need to be killed by long pressing on them and choosing "ignore"

I leave all other processes unchecked, Android was designed to manage applications itself, most of the other processes that show up aren't using resources.

Select kill selected apps.

Step 6. Hit the home button on your phone and select helix launcher, and thats it no more sense running in the background.

NOTE: You must have Helix launcher 1 or 2 installed for this to work. The basic android files where not included with the stock incredible rom, so if you try this without helix sense will just restart every time. I take no responsibility for lost information. Do this at your own risk.