Disable Slide Unlock But Keep Pattern Lock?Support

Last Updated:

1. smackboy1

smackboy1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an option or app to disable the slide to unlock but keep the pattern lock (or PIN lock on Froyo)? It seems kind of redundant to have both slide and pattern unlocks. I have Android 2.2 and was hoping this would be "fixed" with the upgrade.

Advertisement
  2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the same thing. Even with rooted Cyanogen I still cant figure out how to do it.

3. one11sgt

one11sgt Well-Known Member

Its a sense thing not an android thing. You can do it on 2.2 in motoblur. Sense seems to prevent the option.

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

moving this thread to the support section

vinay_sharma likes this.
  5. mgs157

mgs157 New Member

Is there a way to remove the slide to unlock and keep the pattern lock? I serached and saw someone asking about this in May but there was not a way. I tried no lock and a few other apps but nothing has worked so far?

6. NightAngel79

I would guess only if you root the phone, but i'm not sure... gonna move this to the support section for now

7. anacree

anacree New Member

Ok, so how DO you do it on motoblur? I've got a Droid X and would really like to get rid of the slide lock and just have the pattern lock. Annoying to have to do both.

8. MIFirefly

MIFirefly New Member

Night Angel 79, Where is the support section? Every place that disable slide lock but allow pattern lock is referenced all of the "Guides" say they have moved the trail to the support section. I've searched on support section and can't find it on here.

9. NightAngel79

I personally haven't seen any answers to this, not sure though. I'm guessing you tried several different search terms in the forums?
    At any rate, I only meant I moved your thread to the support sub forum. This is where these types of questions belong.

10. wildland

wildland Well-Known Member

There are ROMs which allow this - for instance, this functionality is available in CyanogenMod 6.1 Stable. Of the three roms (outside of stock) that I have tried so far, (Skyraider Sense 3.5, Skyraider Athena 1.2, and CyanogenMod 6.1) CM6.1 is the only one which had that feature, but it may well be available on different roms...

11. dkr

dkr Member

This long sought after but apparently non existent feature is not available on Myn's Warm twopointtwo rom (rls <=5)

12. Popoco

Popoco New Member

I've got a MyTouch4G running 2.2.1 (This issue still exists as of 3/18/2011) has anyone found a solution to keep the pattern lock but remove the slide to unlock?

I've tried "No lock" App but that disables the pattern lock.

13. Tomeygun

Tomeygun Member