Disable Specific Apps Only

Last Updated: 2012-10-03 21:34:25
  1. Stooly

Stooly New Member

Hi everyone. I've found this forum so helpful but have finally come across something which I can't find a solution for.

Going on holiday in 2 days & would like to use my emails & whatsapp while there & O2 let you have 10mb a day free, so I was wondering if there's a way to disable all internet usage on the phone except for specific things?

Galaxy S3.

Thanks in advance :smokingsomb:

Advertisement
  2. Assuming you will be outside the country for your hols: it's not internet use that may cost you. Internet via WiFi is free. It is connecting via mobile networks (to the internet) that can become an expensive business ('roaming'). If you want to avoid that you need to connect via WiFi only. You do that by making sure that 'Roaming', in the Settings is NOT checked. That's all you need to do.

Oh, and 10MB a day is next to useless for someone on holiday. 10 MB means you can't even send home 2 fullsize image files, pictures, from your S3...
    Stay on WiFi and you can send home any number of hi-res photo files, hundreds if you want, limited only by their upload time.

Maybe the free app 'Venuespot' can be useful to find WiFi hotspots on your holiday.
  3. kadimi

kadimi Well-Known Member

I believe 10MB is nothing.