Disable stock dialerTips

Last Updated:

1. ricks66

ricks66 New Member

I want to replace the stock dialer on my gone commando. Or tell me how to make it auto search the call log and contacts when I start dialing a number. I have installed app diapers but the stock dialer always conflicts and causes problems. Please help.

2. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's possible. I tried go contacts once. But I think it has conflicts with the stock dialer. Both would give notifications of missed calls and whatnot.
  3. ricks66

ricks66 New Member

So this "Smart" phone can't do what every free after market app can? I really like the phone but I hate having scroll thru my contacts or call log when making a call.
  4. dodgef25

dodgef25 Well-Known Member

LOl can you say lazy. LOL I'm just kidding.

You can add shortcuts for direct dial on the home screen pages. Just one click and it dials. That is what I have.
  5. ricks66

ricks66 New Member

LOL. I have over 400 contacts and several numbers in my call log that I don't necessarily want to save but would like to have ready access to. The auto search function that seems to be in every other phone on the planet makes this quite easy. I have my favorites set up but as a construction contractor my list of frequently called is even quite long. All of the app dialers I have tried work fine but the stock dialer interferes and conflicts with them causing more headaches. BTW, yes I would like some cheese to go with my whine. LOL.