• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Disable "Subscription Upgrade Required" notifications?

mondev

Jul 26, 2010
Hello, I just recently bought the Samsung Behold 2 and installed the Behold 2 1.6 No Twiz from this forum and so far I'm loving it! Much faster than the stock rom.

Now the only problem I have is that when I use an app with ads, such as Alarm Clock Plus V2, I get this "Subscription Upgrade Required" page from my browser since I don't have a data plan. I really don't need a data plan since I just connect through Wi-fi to download all necessary apps/games from the market and use the web.

So my question is, is it possible to disable these notifiers? I mean, if I'm connected through Wi-fi I don't get these notifiers, but that's not always the case. Thanks for any help.

There are probably other ways to do this, but I use a free App called Quick Settings and simply Turn Off/Disable APN Control when I don't need it. I too don't have a data plan and just use my Wifi at home. Recently I updated Astro and it became impossible to use because browser pages kept popping up. After I disabled APN the problem went away. I just reenable it later to receive text message services.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones