Disable voicemail for certain numbers

Last Updated:

1. quietmike

quietmike Active Member This Topic's Starter

Certain callers will always leave a message saying "it's me, call me back" or something similar that is a PITA to have as a message.

Is there a way to disable calls from certain numbers from going to voicemail?

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Google Voice. You don't have to listen to messages at all if you don't want to, just clear the notification indicator and let it sit in your inbox forever or delete it from the GV app or you PC.
    Set up an account (no invites needed anymore), get a new phone number (in case you decide to fully use it) and set it up for voicemail. People still call your regular number but you don't use Verizon, you use Google.
    I love me some GV, I use it for texting (free!) free calls (friends/family) and voicemail, it also comes in handy for when you don't want to give someone your 'real' number. It has a lot of uses but voicemail is great!

3. smpage

smpage Well-Known Member

I agree, Google Voice is a great idea for this situation.

4. quietmike

quietmike Active Member This Topic's Starter

Google voice wouldn't really solve the problem though, as I can ignore my stock voicemail too.

5. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

you could try a custom ringback tone maybe ? I still use "youmail" and can assign voicemail greetings to individuals. Or how about sending a friendly text asking them to kindly knock it off :)

6. tutmarie

tutmarie Active Member

Did you ever find a 'real' solution to this? I'd love to hear it :)