Disable volume rocker soundSupport

Last Updated:

1. cquinn

cquinn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been trying for a week now to figure out how to silence/change or disable the 'plink' sound that I get when waking my EVO from sleep. I use 'no lock' and it allows me to wake the screen without using the power button but that 'plink' is driving me nuts.

Advertisement
  2. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

weird. my phone doesn't make any noises when I wake it from sleep.

I use "tap the power button, it's pretty simple and keeps my phone from waking up in my pocket"

3. Misbehavin'

Misbehavin' Well-Known Member

Your phone doesn't make any noise, because you are not using the app that the OP is using. Using the power button to wake the phone is the stock option, he's using an app that allows you to use the volume rocker.

As far as removing the sound, I have not heard of a way to do that. It started after the HTC update prior to the Froyo update. I've just learned to get used to it.

cquinn likes this.
  4. bwsmith

bwsmith Well-Known Member

+1, I use the same app and the rocker sound drives me nuts as well.

5. Dan000

Dan000 Member

me too!

6. forehandsmash

forehandsmash Member

Anybody figure this out ? I've been using No Lock for an hour now and love it....Except this god-forsaken plunk sound everytime I wakeup the phone with the volume button. I've found that muting the ringer does the trick, but I want my phone to ring when I have a call. thanks.

7. judge_droid

judge_droid Active Member

I know this thread is kind of old, but is there any way to use the volume rocker to wake up the EVO (bring up the screen to the pull-down unlock) without having to disable the screen lock? I think it would be more convenient than using the main power button all the time.

By the way, it took me about an hour klutzing around at the sprint store to finally pick the EVO. Was trying to choose between EVO, Epic, EVO Shift and Optimus. Like the EVO a lot, amazing, but it is kind of a heavy brick (especially if trying to use in one hand). Seems heavier than the one at the store. Not 100% sure I made the right choice for me, but I'm sticking with it. I wonder if the rumored new EVO 3D will be the same size & weight, and I guess Sprint might also introduce a Nexus. Anyway, starting now I'm not looking back.

8. MDtoka

MDtoka Active Member

I use lockbot, you can wake up using volume and the only time it makes that noise is for some reason when I get a handcent pop up and wake up the phone, but never other than that.

9. judge_droid

judge_droid Active Member

Thanks. I tried that. It seemed to be working, but then things went wrong. First, do you use the free version or the paid version of LockBot?

With the free one, at first the volume rocker worked. But then I tried to put in a Password, but the free version of LockBot doesn't support the password. Ok, so I should be back to where I was before I tried the password (right?), but now the volume rocker doesn't wake up the screen anymore, and now I have a double-unlock situation (where I have to unlock the original as well). Not sure I understand what's going on.

By the way, with the free version, it seems you can't pick a theme and instead it randomly bounces between a few themes.

I would have no problem buying this app if it does what I want, but from the free version I can't tell if it is actually going to work or not, or if it is just buggy. I want to be able to put in a password for sure.

10. MDtoka

MDtoka Active Member

Yeah I've found it to be kinda finicky. I don't use a password so havent experienced that, but it will sometimes not wake up using volume, and I will have to go into lockbot and disable/enable replace lock sreen and it fixes it.
    Also will sometimes go to original htc lock screen, and then to lockbot like you said. As far as themes, if you go into menu I believe under my themes you can uncheck the slideshow of unlock styles so that you only have one (I use Hero one). It's kind of fluke so I havent even been using it lately, especially since I flashed a new rom and like the lock screen. I find it wierd that you can flash roms and all this crazy shit but nobody has made a nice app that allows you to wake up phone with volume buttons, and not replace lock screen...and do it consistently...