Disabled WiFi Network

1. benwalburn

benwalburn Well-Known Member

I have recently started making heavy use of my wifi, so I noticed a glitch/irritating-feature.
    If I do not send/receive data for several minutes, my wifi goes out and 3g returns. When I look at my available networks, I can see the connection I had, but it reads "disabled".
    If I try to connect, it hangs on obtaining id for about 30 seconds, then returns to saying it's disabled. The solution is to disable, then enable wifi.

Is this a glitch or a feature, and is there a way I can get rid of it?
    (Still happens after flashing/wiping)

Advertisement
  2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Well-Known Member

Settings>wireless networks>wifi settings> press menu and select "advanced" and turn the sleep policy to never
    benwalburn and jeb_hoge like this.
  3. jeb_hoge

jeb_hoge Active Member

14 months I've had this silly phone and I never knew that. Thanks!
  4. benwalburn

I thought it was fixed, but when I went to make some tea, I came back to see I was once again disconnected.
  5. KingOfGreen

Dont know, that has always worked for me. Did the setting stick? Maybe the connection is actually getting dropped.
  6. benwalburn

as crappy as my MiFi is, it wouldn't surprise me. But shouldn't it automatically reconnect? I can watch it try to obtain the IP infinity, until I disable wifi and enable it again.
  7. KingOfGreen

Then id say thats another problem. Cant offer any help though.
  8. benwalburn

Oh well. Now it isn't connecting at all. I need to test another network, it might just be the wifi. But my computer connects just fine.

As a last resort I will reset my phone again, but I hate having to reinstall all my apps, and all that stuff.