Disabling Auto Update Of Apps AND System UpdatesSupport

1. hawkpacific

hawkpacific Member

Hello all,

I have the droid razr hd. i already disabled auto app update. however, my phone is still allowing SYSTEM UPDATES to automatically download. how do i stop this?

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

you dont. well, not really. when there's a system update, you'll get a prompt. you typically have to accept the update. if you get the notice and don't select to defer the update, it'll happen on it's own. a friend of mine was setting an alarm for every 12 hours to remind him to stop the update.
  3. hawkpacific

hawkpacific Member

that is really stupid that you cannot disable it. the most recent update must have been 100+ mbs .
  4. hawkpacific

hawkpacific Member

figured it out. enabled mobile data limits and "restrict background data" for "motorola services". thank god.
  5. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

But why bother? System updates, AFAIK, doesn't count against your quota.
  6. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

WiFi. No worry about data usage on device.
  7. hawkpacific

hawkpacific Member

checked with verizon. updating system updates does count against data usage.
  8. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

Have you had a system update notice since this? I'm still running ICS and do not want to change to JB and get that annoying notice to install now/later every 12 hours. Wonder if I restrict BD for moto svcs, will it block the notice every 12 hrs?