Disabling password policy?Support

Last Updated:

1. avhokie

avhokie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I connect to my company's Exchange server, it pushes a password policy that makes me have to use a password on the phone. With my Sprint Hero, I used an app called LockPicker to disable this requirement. Apparently this app only works on HTC Sense. Anyone know how to do this with the Fascinate?

Advertisement
  2. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Check out NoLock, ScreenLockMode Widget, or LockBot. They have all worked for me.

Weird enough though is that my Fascinate is bugged out and despite the enforced password, I am only asked once, usually after reboot...

Vmcaffee likes this.
  3. avhokie

Wow, so many choices...thanks!

4. avhokie

Actually, looked at those and they all prevent locking in the first place. I'd still like to be able to lock (and swipe to unlock), but just not have to enter the password. Will keep looking. Thanks

5. tystevens

tystevens Well-Known Member

I'm having a similar issue. When asked to enter the password, I misunderstood the question and entered my password for the server, which is a complicated mix of all kinds of numbers, symbols, etc; requires me to go back and forth between letter and number screen several times, really a pain to enter! So 2 questions:

1) how do I get back and change the password to something more simple?

2) is there an app that lets me choose when to password lock the phone? Honestly, I like having the password ability in some situations, as someone could really wreak havoc on my professional life w/ access to my Outlook and other programs. But when I'm at home or at my desk w/ the phone next to me, I don't need the lock protection.

6. avhokie

Bump...still looking for a solution

7. avhokie

Bump...anyone?

8. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

1) The only way I've found is to remove your email account that enforces this password protection, and then re-add it and re-key a new password.

2) None that I've found yet, but if you find one let me know...

One option that works for me is that I just have the screen stay on when plugged in, and when I'm at my computer or watching tv, I just plug it in and leave it on and that way it never locks.

9. aklexie

aklexie Member

I have been wondering the same exact thing! Hopefully there is a way to change the password without having to delete the account and re-add it in...but thanks so much for that suggestion - it is definitely my fall back option.