Disabling predictable text?General

Last Updated:

1. shoreline02

shoreline02 Member This Topic's Starter

May 11, 2010
    I really don't like the predicted text. I have already sent messages where it changed what I was typing and I didn't notice. It's so annoying :mad:

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Yeah I disabled for awhile but that wasn't working either so I have it running again. Not sure if you were just making a casual statement or asking how to do it so just in case:

settings > language and keyboard > touch input > text input

Takes awhile but if you populate your personal dictionary with all the usual suspects, it cuts down the errors bigtime.
  3. prightup2

prightup2 Member

Apr 28, 2010
    TORN on this one...sometimes i like it...(big words) some times it sucks.... one thing is for sure...i didn't like the keyboard at all till I CALIBRATED>>>

So the calibration is really to calibrate you. It asks you to type a phrase and then adjusts the center of the touches u made.

I was previously getting the key to the left of the key i tried to get. After calibration it was good. I did the calibration single handed which is how I normally type (phone flopping around in my had while my thumb is flying)

Settings/Language and Keyboard/Touch input/Text Input/ Calibration Tool (there it asks you to type the "quick brown fox"..I typed as fast as i resonably can..i missed alot..but thats how i text. it calibrated to ME and waalla I'm happy.

but still cant decide on test predictor...
  4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    I've gone to swype (which I love), but before I considered this issue. It really turned out to be a "lesser of two evils" Predicative text is generally only one of those things you notice when it screws up, you never notice all the times it saved you because you casually went on your way...

I think the best is to give it some to time to build up the dictionary(which helps a fair amount) the other is learning the common trouble makers, generally there's a few words they always tend to chose wrong on :p

Try a week with it then a week without see which you like better in the end.