General Disabling sense ui

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dajobo, Apr 16, 2010.

1. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    If i disable sense ui, which pic gallery app do i get? The htc one, or the android 2.1?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. mhrebin

mhrebin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    if it's anything like the eris with sense and the 2.1 leak. I have sense disabled and it still uses the HTC gallery. when you disable sense, it still runs in the background because I believe the entire platform has it integrated in certain areas. correct me if i'm wrong though.

3. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Ya, I really like sense, but when it comes to the new 2.1 Android gallery, and the live wallpapers, sense is not as cool at all.....wonder why they did this?

4. Kitten Mittens

Kitten Mittens Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Texas
    As of right now I am kind of on the fence about disabling sense ui, some of the features sound pretty cool, but I kind of prefer the looks of stock android.

I was excited when I saw this video but then I found out that you couldn't do this with the final software the model shipped with, and I'm sure we won't be able to do it with incredible either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Amcaot1Us

My question is, how different is android 2.1 with sense disabled vs. regular old android 2.1? I have a feeling there won't be that fly-in app menu which I love.

(Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but it seems your question has been answered and this thread is just too similar for me to start a new one.)

5. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    haha, no worries, good luck with your question!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. procrastination

Apr 12, 2010
    I am always amazed by the things that are locked down on production models. It seems so strange to me - I can only imagine that they do it from a standpoint of support. I think for this kind of situation though that doesn't really hold water. If you call support and say - hey, my phone is doing weird stuff they have you re-boot FIRST anyway. So the Sense UI will load again and viola you are back to the stock phone again.

Lame.

We should most certainly have the option of running Android 2.1 stock or Sense UI.

7. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Can somebody verify whether disabling HTC sense works with the shipped DI rom? The video with instructions on how to disable is a few posts up.

8. thess1

thess1 Active Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Sense cannot be disabled on the rom shipped with the incredible. It just reloads itself automatically... Sucks

Sent from incredible!

9. thess1

thess1 Active Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Sense cannot be disabled on the rom shipped with the incredible. It just reloads itself automatically... Sucks

Sent from incredible!

10. malice

malice Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Student, Scientist, Mouse Torturer
    New Orleans. WHO DAT?
    I found it, but for some reason I am aprehensive to force stop it. Mainly because I don't want to to begin with, so why risk mucking it up.

11. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Jr. I.T. Support Tech @ Amazon
    Plainfield, Indiana
    Yeah unlike the Eris, you cannot disable sense or run stock on this phone. If you do force stop it, it just reloads.

However, you can run Helix Launcher 1 or 2 if you want the look of Vanilla.