• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling Sense UI?

do you need to have rooted your phone to install a different launcher? if not, how do you go about installing it once downloaded from the market?

once you have downloaded your chosen launcher from the market and it is installed (installs automatically), press your home button and a pop-up should ask you which launcher you would like to use, choose your downloaded one and away you go.

however every time you press the home button the pop-up will always ask you which launcher to use, you can stop this by pressing the check-box before selecting launcher, but i'd suggest playing around first to see if you like it.

Reactions: mbatson89
Upvote 0
Guys,

Hi, this is my first post, although quite a bit of posts read.
Which launcher to use so that my Desire would look like Nexus One?
Do I need a launcher, or is there a way of uninstalling Sense UI totally and it would give me pure Android.

Regards.
Not sure if Sense can be uninstalled but the N1 look is the default Android look without any launchers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones