Disabling Shutter SoundGeneral

Last Updated:

1. kheops

kheops New Member

Hello everyone! I'm newly registered to the forum but have been lurking here for a while. Anyway, I got the LG Venice as a Christmas present and I'm really liking it. However, has anyone tried to figure out a way to silence the shutter sound on the camera? I've looked all over the web and haven't found an adequate and easy solution. I really like the stock camera so downloading an external app that silences the shutter is not what I'm looking for.

I'm fairly new to Androids, and I'm completely clueless as to the "rooting process." Has anyone found a way to silence the shutter without rooting the phone? I'm willing to root the phone but only as a last resort, haha. Of course, I'll practice on my old Samsung Prevail to make sure I have the technique down.

Thanks and I'm really glad I stumbled upon this forum :) You guys are doing a great job here! :)

[EDIT] I meant to post this in the "LG Venice" general thread, but didn't notice that it was here until AFTER I submitted it. Can one of the mods move this there, please? I tried deleting it but couldn't figure out how.

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums kheops - thanks for joining! :D

I've moved your thread to the general forum... you wouldn't be able to delete your own post (only a Mod can do that for you :)) - you can use the report button to the left of your post (under where your username is) to bring a post to the attention of the Mods :)

I am not familiar with your phone, but imagine that, whilst in the camera, you should be able to press the menu button and be given options to do what you want... if not, then I'm sure that one of our other memberss who has the phone would be able to offer you some advice :)
    kheops likes this.
  3. kheops

kheops New Member

Thanks for your warm welcome and further instructions as to reporting a post :)

I've already looked at the menu options but unfortunately "silence/off" is not one of them. Hopefully other members of the forum will be able to help!
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

There are some camera apps in the Play Store that feature the option to silence the shutter. There may be a root modification for your stock camera. Those are basically the common options.
    kheops likes this.
  5. kheops

kheops New Member

Thanks EarlyMon, I've looked for some apps on the Play Store, but the quality of the pics are not to my satisfaction, lol. Of course, these have all been "free" apps, so I might just have to buy one, haha.
  6. advilsmith

advilsmith Member

ro.camera.sound.forced is the build.prop file you need to edit. Change ir from 1 to 0. You must be rooted ne able to access build.prop files, i recommend rom toolbox pro.