• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disabling the stock Android media player

MadFlava

Nov 2, 2009
Anyone know of a widget or app or something that will disable the stock music player? Nothing is worse than starting the car and the phone immediately hijacking the audio and starting to play a ringtone or something.

The stock media player is awful. I hope they have something better in the works.

i never understood why people DL seperate switches, but to each their own. N1 has that stock bar with every switch u need IMO

for convenience. instead of navigating through like four menus to get to the bluetooth on/off option, or putting it in airplane mode(i'm running sense so i don't remember how many button presses it really is), you can simply put a widget on your home screen adn flip a "switch that emulates that code.

Upvote 0
Mine used to, but it doesn't anymore.. don't know what fixed it.
I use a different media player then stock so what I did is load a 1sec silent audio file onto my SD and put it as a playlist on my stock media player. So every time I plugged it into AUX in my car, instead of blasting a second song through my speakers it just started playing a 1 sec silent loop (it also used to restart randomly when a minor vibration would hit my audio plug).
But like a week after using this fix, the stock media player stopped opening on it's own.. now all is well.

Question: Would uninstalling the stock media player (root) kill my ringtones and such?

Upvote 0
I seem to remember having this problem on my first Droid, but only for a short while after I first got it. I used it for over 6 months without it happening. Now I have the Droid 2 and the problem is back. It just dawned on me what the difference was. I was running Advanced Task Killer on the old Droid and I know for a fact I allowed it to actively kill the Music application and ignore ACast (the only audio source I use). Thus, when the bluetooth connection was made, the only running audio app was ACast, and it would start.

Not sure I want to start using a task killer on the Droid 2, but I'm seriously considering it as a workaround to this hugely annoying, and as yet unresolved, issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones