Disabling the "your volume might be too loud" annoyingwareSupport

Last Updated:

1. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

I remember doing it on my Razr Maxx but for the life of me I can't remember what app it was. You know, when you try to turn the volume up past a certain level you get a popup warning that tells you your hearing will go to hell in a handbasket? I'd like to disable that but I don't recall which app it is. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Mine does not do that. Every volume control is set to maximum. My GUESS is that the message is coming form an app that you added. If that is the case, look for the setting in that app.

Oh ... you mean when you are using a headset. Mine does also. I have no solution.

... Thom
  3. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry, I should have specified that it occurs with a headset and Bluetooth audio streaming. I checked my old phone and it's called "AcousticWarning". I didn't find anything similar in the Droid Maxx. It's not that I need it very often but it's pretty annoying for when I do. I wear earplugs when I mow the lawn and listen to music. The music has to be turned up all the way for me to hear it over the earplugs. It may sound silly but it works and protects my hearing. And the Bluetooth audio streaming volume almost always needs to be turned all the way up when playing in the car.

No big deal, just an annoyance.
  4. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

I finally got around to playing with my headset today (due to your question) and it only asks the question once and you have to permit it. If you don't power off/power on you never need to do that again.

... Thom