• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling UberSocial auto-update?

Seanette

Android Expert
Apr 6, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Please don't laugh too hard, I don't have that much experience with my phone. :)

On my Triumph, UberSocial keeps auto-updating, and I'm tired of it, since I never use the app (it seems to be for Twitter, which I no longer use). I do let most of my apps automatically update, since that seems easier, but I'd like to know how to tell this specific one that it can't do that.

If you go into the Google Play Store, you can hit the menu button and go into SETTINGS to disable auto-update (where they all do it for you), if you want. You can also go to the page for that individual app, and just above where you RATE & REVIEW the app, there should be a little check-box that you can use to disable the auto-updating for that app.

Reactions: Seanette
Upvote 0
If you go into the Google Play Store, you can hit the menu button and go into SETTINGS to disable auto-update (where they all do it for you), if you want. You can also go to the page for that individual app, and just above where you RATE & REVIEW the app, there should be a little check-box that you can use to disable the auto-updating for that app.

Either my brain is shutting down for the day early, or that check-box isn't there. Update: this would be because I seem to be a ditz today and went into the Play Store on my laptop rather than my phone. :)

Most of the apps I use, I'm quite happy to allow auto-update, just not this one.

If it gets much more annoying, I may resort to rooting just to have the pleasure of deleting the whole app. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones