Disappearing appsSupport

Last Updated: 2014-04-23 18:02:10
  1. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

When restarting my Rezound or powering it up after it's been off I notice at times random apps are missing. I have to install them again from the market. Anyone else experience this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Tommyboy56

Tommyboy56 Member

Same thing happens to me. They're completely gone. Only the app name with a green android logo stays on the homescreens. Sometimes if I wait a little while they come back. That's what I've been doing. But it doesn't always work. It's annoying. Lost my eBay app the other night during last minute bidding. Not good.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
  3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I've never experienced anything like you describe. I have accidentally pulled a shortcut or widget off the screen but have never had an app deleted without initiating the delete on purpose. I wish I had some suggestions for you to resolve the problem.. but it's a new one on me.
  4. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

It happened to me one time recently and i thought that was strange (found that adorable green icon but can't open the app). I did not have to reinstall the app.... I deleted the icon (hold down the icon for a second or two, and drag it into the trash can). Then press/hold that empty spot for a second or two, select App, find that app from the long list and place this icon back on to the desktop/panel. bye.
  5. Tommyboy56

Tommyboy56 Member

I tried looking for the app to put back the shortcut on my screen, but it was gone from the apps list. Never tried dumping the green android icon first though. Will try this next time. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
  6. kokop159

kokop159 Active Member

This happened to me with Merriam-Webster dictionary free app. I synced my phone to the computer to put some music and movies in, and discovered that app disappeared. This happens almost every time.
  7. Tommyboy56

Tommyboy56 Member

You just made me realize something. This has only happened to me when I hook up to my laptop to sync music. And its always the same apps. EBay, Google plus and sometimes Twitter. Weird!!!
  8. RMM

RMM Well-Known Member

I've also had this happen to me.

The apps that are disappearing are most likely apps stored on your SD-Card (Either internal or external). Sometimes the cards don't mount correctly on boot or otherwise and the apps disappear from the app drawer.
  9. CruiserC50

CruiserC50 Member

RMM, you've got it right! This is my understanding too. When the phone is plugged in to the computer the storage is unmounted from the phone. Trying to use apps that are stored on the SD-card while unmounted will cause issues.
  10. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

They pushed a new HTC Sync software/update to everyone yesterday. Did you guys try it and not lose the Merriam Webster icon this time? :)
  11. shadowfaxcrx

shadowfaxcrx New Member

I can report that I just synced with the new software this morning, and Opera went missing both from the home screen and the apps list. A reboot fixed it.
  12. beeskuiken

beeskuiken New Member

I have the same issue with one specific app only. iParadox.
    Every time I power down and up again, the app and icon and all is gone.

Any thoughts?