disappearing files (mp3) on new 16gb sd card

Last Updated:

1. darqadius

darqadius Member This Topic's Starter

I have bought 16gb card... Copied all old files... turned on my phone and all my mp3s disappeared !!?? Weird but ok.. I have plugged it on again... copied again... and again files are not there... ??? Took off the card... connected to PC via card reader... formatted it... copied again... plugged off.. plugged in... files on the card... plugged in to the desire... turned on the phone... files gone...

after couple more attempts I have only 2 folders with mp3s but rest is empty... I dont know what is going on... please help....

PS. Original card is fine... and every time im using safe removal tool

Advertisement
  2. darqadius

I just have noticed that when I will go to the card properties on pc it says that memory used is exactly as size of the files I have copied in but I cant see them..

3. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Same reply I gave in the other thread on this but where did you get your SD card from? Are you sure it isn't a fake?

A common trick with selling on fake cards on eBay/Amazon is to repackage 1GB/2GB cards which have been hacked to appear to be a larger size.

They will appear to work at first but once you transfer more data on to them than the original capacity then all sorts of weird things will happen, usually they just corrupt all of your data.

This may not be the case but it is worth checking :)

4. darqadius

i must admit that its not branded card and its from hongkong... i will try to check it... and maybe use different pc.. :/ I dont know what to think

5. darqadius

Card is fake...

I have splitted a 1.5GB file into 10MB parts and copied them onto the card....

I was hoping to get at least 1GB out of 16GB.... but Chinese crooks are more pert... the tenth file was corrupted - math is simple... not even a 100MB. I have lost a Ł13... damn

6. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Ok, unfortunately same advice as I gave in the other thread.

Put your claim in for a refund asap.
    Report the seller
    Name and Shame!

We need to get these stupid cards off the market..

I suggest you use a proper retailer such as:

Play.com
    MyMemory.co.uk
    MemoryBits.com
    7DayShop.co.uk

7. darqadius

I know it will sound that im an idiot but coz i was waiting too long I have opened a dispute via paypal..... and closed it as soon as I have received the card. What means - I can't reopen dispute again..... well i think in this case I'm an idiot regardless.