• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Disappearing Google Maps

RandomSanity

Aug 17, 2010
Hey Everyone,

I'm currently running the latest version of leedroid and I am having issues with google maps. About a week ago after charging my phone google maps just vanished from my phone, its no longer in the application manager and I am unable to install it via the market (it fails each time)

I really do not want to wipe my phone again, as I've just got it the way I want it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

P.S I tried asking this over in the leedroid thread at xda but never received a response despite a few attempts.

I had a similar problem when I went from leedroid 2.1 to 2.2 (or whereabouts). Unless you are willing to fiddle with the system files, the only options are to restore from backup or wipe the phone.

I tried reflashing repeated with the newest versions, but I think it's because the old apk files are still there, they're preventing newer ones being installed, even though the old ones are 'corrupted' and don't work properly.

You sure you've got the newest one? He just released 2.2d this afternoon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones