Disappearing icons and messed up icon labels?General

Last Updated:

1. RobbieFVK

RobbieFVK Member This Topic's Starter

Recently purchased an HTC Droid Eris, and I'm loving it. However, I have a few issues:

A few of the apps that I've downloaded (iMusic, Where) seem to have lost their icons! What I mean is the space where the icon should be is completely blank, but the label (the text underneath where the icon should be) is still there.

Another issue I've got is that a few of my apps (Translate, Meebo, Dolphin Browser) seem to have messed up labels. The icon is fine, but the text underneath them is all screwed up. For instance, instead of "Dolphin Browser", it says "Login success.", and instead of "Meebo", it says "com.meebo.accounts.AC...".

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a known bug and, if so, is there a fix?

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

The only way i have been able to fix it is by in-installing and then installing it again.

3. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

The Hero on Sprint (essentially the same phone, different body) has already received an update to resolve this issue. Hopefully our December update will fix it as well.

4. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

same thing is happening to me with certain apps. I tried reinstalling them a few times to temporily fix them but gave up for now. Somehow I got the Dolphin browswer to stick tho.

5. RobbieFVK

RobbieFVK Member This Topic's Starter

Is that so? Great, thanks for the info! By the way, do you have a link to this info?

6. jcharris08

jcharris08 Member

seems to happen only for specific apps, two of which you mentioned happend for myself also. along with that i've had an issue with swift losing its icon, as well as seesmic and the all star baseball game losing their names and showing a coding.

If you uninstall/reinstall it'll fix until the next time you turn your phone off and back on.

The fix should be included in the december 11 update.

7. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

I had an app completely disappear as well as icons that are mislabeled. I am so not happy right now.

8. Grizzld

Grizzld Well-Known Member

I am having this problem with Bloo. It disappears every few days, and I have to uninstall then reinstall.