• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disappearing Icons & Self-Muting

Something crazy is up with my S4. I hate having a cluttered desktop where you have to scroll through a multitude of screens to find what you are looking for, so I have a few key, high usage apps individually listed on the desktop, but most of the icons I want quick access to are sorted into appropriate folders - social, cloud storage, tools (calendar, clock, flashlight, etc.), financial, shopping, coupons & savings (i.e. Retail Me Not, Checkout 51, etc.), media (access points - not actual files), and so on, resulting in everything fitting on just two screens, with empty spaces available.

These icons, however, will randomly disappear. They will be there when I go to bed, and gone when I wake up, or there when I lay the office down for dinner, and gone when I pick it up after eating - periods when I KNOW I'm not accidentally accidentally deleting then through the course of doing something else, because it's happening when I'm not using the phone at all. Same with the volume control. It will mute itself whenever, wherever. I've missed so many important calls and messages because my phone decided it felt like being quiet for a while. :mad: It's become so frustrating to rebuild these folders repeatedly (even though I know what goes in them), and to have to continually check my phone to see if the volume is on. What is causing this? :thinking: Here is a peek of my desktop's main screen. (You can see how many folders/icons have went missing - it's usually FULL!!!)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-28-04-21-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-28-04-21-06.png
    500 KB · Views: 66
Sorry for your problems. I have exactly the same problem with my elephone p8 so much so that I discarded to use it. Many times I missed important calls. It mutes itself. Now I am using another phone for this reason that I may get an important call and the phone will be muted. I don't know what is the reason? I don't have the problem of disappearing icons though. Hope someone will help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones