• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disappearing Picture Messages

capt512

Sep 30, 2010
Hey Everyone,

Hoping you might have some insight to help me out. I have an EVO 4G that I have been running since the original release on my Sprint contract.

I have someone using Straight Talk (the first person I have talked to using this provider) that keeps trying to send me picture messages however I can't view them. I get the "downloading picture message" thing and it says the size, date, sender etc, but once the download completes the message just disappears like it never existed.

If they send the message while my phone is locked then when I turn it back on it says picture message from ..... but when i go to check the messages it disappears. The sender has tried this over and over and same thing every time. They have sent picture messages to others and they work, and I can get texts from them no problem. I can also get picture messages from others...

Any idea what is going on? I contacted Sprint and they said it appears everything is working on my side. However on her side it appears the same.

Hey Everyone,

Hoping you might have some insight to help me out. I have an EVO 4G that I have been running since the original release on my Sprint contract.

I have someone using Straight Talk (the first person I have talked to using this provider) that keeps trying to send me picture messages however I can't view them. I get the "downloading picture message" thing and it says the size, date, sender etc, but once the download completes the message just disappears like it never existed.

If they send the message while my phone is locked then when I turn it back on it says picture message from ..... but when i go to check the messages it disappears. The sender has tried this over and over and same thing every time. They have sent picture messages to others and they work, and I can get texts from them no problem. I can also get picture messages from others...

Any idea what is going on? I contacted Sprint and they said it appears everything is working on my side. However on her side it appears the same.

hmmmm, that is odd.
When the pix disappear after downloading from this certain person, are they in your downloads folder?

Upvote 0
Negative, its like they never existed. I can watch them auto "downloading" when the text is recieving, and then at the end of it they are just gone, no record that they ever existed.
hmmm, again...try this, try another text/mms app like GosmsPro, or Handcent and see if you have the same issue.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones